Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That transition time....

We all know that life is a journey, a path, a walk, times of change and growth (hopefully!!). There are new events all the time...times of happiness and goodness, times of struggle, hard times, times of sickness, hurt, and pain, death and new life.The bible has them laid out for us in Ecclesiates 3., ALL of them.

In Anney's world, her life pretty much stays the same. She has her little routine. We get up in the morning, have our coffee on the patio...she goes out and runs the perimeter of the yard, checking all the points where the evil cats enter. She then goes to the gate and looks out to the front yard to see if the old guy is walking his dog, yep!! There is he is with that dog...bark bark bark!!! She knows what time I come home, we have dinner, we sit on the couch together....it's all the same to her...no big events in her life compared to ours.

So does Anney she know she's getting older? She can't see the grey hair that now covers her used to be coal black face making it white. She doesn't appear to have any problems with arthritis or stiffness in her bones (she's such a wonderfully healthy dog!). She doesn't know that her kids are grown up, moving on with their lives, that one of her parents have gone home to be with Jesus and another is aging.

She just accepts each day as normal and usual. She is happy to be here with me, drinking coffee on the patio and chasing squirrels.

That's where the marvelous Word of God comes in for me. The Lord did give us His Word that life is about change. There is a time for everything, nothing should be a surprise to us...He has told us life would be at difficult and then joy beyond our greatest imagination.

The whole journey He said He would be there for us thru every event in our life. He said that He is same yesterday, today and forever....Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

I have a wonderful transition in my life in April...I became the grandma to twin girls!!! Now that is an event for all events!!!

We welcomed Emalee Ann and Allissa Nicole on April 28th. Beautiful, healthy little girls to my son Matthew and Jessica!!

So now I am a grandma officially...but let me tell ya...the grey hair will not be showing on this grandma!! Thank you Natalie!

I have to learn something new now...I have to learn to be a grandma...I have to transition into a different role in life.....a new walk, a new journey.....time for new growth in me....time to pass on to my granddaughters the things of the Lord, the wonderful amazing things of the Lord!

Let us embrace the changes in life as they all come, that transition time, the good with the bad.....they all pass and new times comes....the only thing that lasts forever is Jesus...and He is the same!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't email you back from the comment you left on my blog today, it stated non reply back so I headed over here to your blog. Hope you see this. Thank you for taking time out to reply to the post...God IS good and God DOES hear us doesn't He!!!!! Your right, God KNEW you needed to read that post and be reminded. I LOVE when He does that. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete