Sunday, December 4, 2011

Boundaries

1 Chronicles 4:10

Jabez cried to the God of Israel, saying, Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and You would keep me from evil so it might not hurt me! And God granted his request.

It's raining outside this morning, so Anney won't go out in the rain, she might melt dontcha know...

As you guys know, Anney always checks the boundary lines, stopping at the gates, checking for Evil Cat but more for the neighbor's most evil dog who can wiggle her way through the gate...oooohhh...Anney dislikes that little dog most intensely!!! Hard to believe how fierce Anney can be at nearly 84 (that's 12 x 7 in dog years).

I'm here with my coffee pondering the boundary question.

Jabez inquired of the Lord to "enlarge his borders"...so he might have favor and be kept from evil. The Lord granted his request.

Boundaries get set, we don't realize it. Boundaries get breached, we don't realize it.

Boundaries can hold us back from being what the Lord has intended.

NOT setting boundaries can hold us back from being what the Lord has intended.

I'm checking my boundaries this day, what about you?

1 comment: